Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Attention Red Hatters

  1. #1
    Inactive Member luanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2005
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't get out much, can you tell me a bit about these groups? It sounds like fun. Also are there many pink hatters in the groups or just red? Not that it matters, I'm simply looking for some socialization.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I believe the Red Hat Society is for women over 50 (about) that feel confident enough to wear big red hats with purple outfits to meetings and outings. They do seem like fun groups!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jlogemann17's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Mom just joined a Red Hat Club and she LOVES it! I think they vary from city to city, but hers meets once a month at a restaurant and they have a "guest speaker." So far there has been someone from Camp Courageous (a camp for children with disabilities) and maybe someone talking about baking or decorating (something "homey"). She didn't know a single person when she joined- just the name of the mom of a neighbor. She's not an overy social person, so I didn't see how she was going to like it, but like I said, she LOVES it! I say definetly give it a try. If you live in a very large area I'm sure there are many groups that meet. Find one that fits your taste, and enjoy.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good to know that your Mom loves her Red Hat Society group. I have a neighbor in one and she loves it, too.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jeanette posted about this a while ago:

    Red Hat Dolly Mamas

    - Becca

  6. #6
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My SIL in NC is in a club and LOVES it, they recently had a get together at Pinehurst CC.

    At my s****booking store there is a group of red hatters that get together about once a month and have dinner, then come to the store and work on a project. They all have a nice time.

    When I worked for Viking Sewing there was also a group that met there.

    Maybe you can find a group that is particularly involved in one of your hobbies, like quilting, sewing, crafting, gardening, hiking, etc.

    They keep asking me, but I keep telling them I'm much too young! [img]redface.gif[/img] (only by about 5 years!)

    Laurie

  7. #7
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    now why on earth would HB have to edit the word:

    S c r a p ?

    Laurie

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just got back into town last night and found this thread - thanks for the plug, Becca! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] Our Red Hat Dolly Mamas group is not quite two months old, and is slowly getting off the ground; we actually have more Pink Hat members (under 50 years old) than Red Hat members (50 and older). We have a Message Board and a web page; please come and check us out! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •